? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (215 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 61258 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pop Your Bubble? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??12 Grabs Today. 2961 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Jordan BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Interesting quotes

As I mentioned in the last post, I've been reading Thomas Friedman;s book "Hot, Flat & Crowded." I still maintain that this is an awesome book. As well as, a book that makes you actually think and go, "really? seriously? this is not good!" At least I would hope that someone reading it would actually think about what they are reading and maybe try to do something about it. Anyway, so the point of this post is that I have found several really great quotes in the book. These are quotes by big time people, that know what they are talking about when it comes to climate change. 1: By Ted Turner, founder of CNN; "We're too many people- that's why we have global warming. Too many people using TOO MUCH STUFF!" (emphasis is all mine, but he said that exact sentence) 2: From Peter Gleick, president of the Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment, and Security, in Oakland, CA; "There are degrees of screwed. And no matter how bad it is, it could be worse or less worse. There is a huge difference between a two-foot sea level rise and a ten-foot. There is a big difference between a two-degree temperature rise and a five-degree temperature rise - and that is why thinking about manageable and unmanageable comes into play, becuase one scenario might kill ten million and one might kill a hundred million." love it, there are degrees of screwed, bet you didn't know that didja? And the best part it, there are people that don't believe ANY of this is going. Boy are they going to be surprised. Sometimes I wonder why I bother? Does anyone even care that we are slowly killing the only planet we have to live on? Oh, and that brings me to quote 3: from Bill Collins, one of the top climate modelers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California; "We're running an uncontrolled experiment on the only home we have." When I find more, I'll be sure to post them. I'm only a 1/4 of the way through the book. I do have a thesis to work on, ya know.

0 comments: