? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (215 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 61258 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pop Your Bubble? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??12 Grabs Today. 2961 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Jordan BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Congress is a mess

When our forefathers set up the government I don't think they had the chaos that reigns in mind. They set up the president, congress, and judicial system to check each other, keep all the kids on the playground playing fair. Such is not the case anymore. At least that's how things look to me. Republicans in Congress are threatening to put riders on bills, so they can fast track the XL pipeline & limit the EPA. (specifically, emissions regulations the EPA put in place) I really don't think the idea what to sneak stuff through Congress on the shirt-tales of something more important. Senators know that they can put riders on bills that have to pass, and so they get whatever they want. Back when Bill was in office they tried line-item-veto, but the Supreme Court said that was like the President writing his own laws, and that was unconstitutional. So we are stuck. I think it's time we got some real honesty in government. I know, hard to think of that, right?! Quit putting riders on bills that have to pass. If you want something, write up a real bill to put it through Congress. I hate people that try to do things the "easy" way. This is part of what is wrong with with our government today. I wonder what the "popularity" rating is of Congress? Does everyone hate them? I know they piss me off, and I think they should ALLLLLL get voted out of office and we should start over. Clean slate time, then something might actually get accomplished.

0 comments: