? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (215 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 61258 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pop Your Bubble? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??12 Grabs Today. 2961 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Jordan BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 7, 2011

One for all?

I've been thinking a lot lately of my ineffectiveness. I can easily rant & rave on this blog and complain about about the insanity, but what does that really do? No doubt, nothing, since I'm probably the only one that even bothers to read it :) I've been wondering if there is anything I could really do. Our country and our planet are in a serious mess right now and I'm wondering what I could really do. In other words, I'm feeling really worthless. One thing that has been bothering me, is the way Congress is attacking the EPA. They keep trying to get around the regulations the EPA is trying to impose by passing laws that, pretty much, say the regulations are bogus, and no one has to listen to them. Or that the EPA can't make those regulations. It's like those jerks you used to play with on the playground that would change the rules cause they didn't like how the game was going. Yeah, you know you've played with jerks like that. Anyway. To me, it's disheartening, as I've stated before that these "jerks" have decided that the EPA doesn't know what they are doing and their power should be limited....by politicians. Okay, so let me get this straight. You have an government organization, created to administer laws & regulations that are there to improve our environment. These regulations were created AFTER lots of scientists conducted lots of studies and decided that yes, those regulations would in fact, improve our health & well being. So then, some politician (yes, I say that like it's a swear word) decides that his buddies, that are paying him kickbacks, don't like those regulations, so he decides he is going to introduce a bill in Congress to limit the power of the scientists. The ones that make regulations, so you don't die at a young age from lung cancer or stomach cancer or radiation poisoning, or any number of other things nasty things that a person can get from the drinking water or the air we breath. So, my problem with ineffectiveness is that what can I do? I can't vote all the congressmen out of office and put new ones in. I can't scream loud enough for everyone to hear. I don't have enough money to buy a large enough billboard. I can't knock people in the head until they realize they are being idiots. I can't seem to even get a job where I can really make a difference. So what, exactly, am I supposed to do? What can I do to get people to listen? We seriously, as the American people, need to vote all incumbents out of office and get a clean slate in Congress, maybe then we'll get some change going on. But then we'd all have to agree, and then we'd all have to vote. People can't even agree that climate change is occurring, and we are witness to that on a daily basis, so how would be get that many people to agree to vote incumbents out of office? We need a government that is actually in office to do the will of the people, not to fill their own damn pockets or fulfill their own damn agendas. That is not what this country was founded on. We need some serious change!

0 comments: