? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (215 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 61258 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pop Your Bubble? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??12 Grabs Today. 2961 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Jordan BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Global warming, misnomer

I'm always listening to the people at work and shaking my head. As I've mentioned before, I read... A LOT. and I also can't seem to stop taking classes that I think are interesting, and in these classes we read.... A LOT. So, I like to consider myself kinda well read. Anyway. The other day at work the old guys were griping about global warming and how it ISN'T happening. I mean the east coast just got record breaking snowfall. Okay, so the idiot that starting shouting "Global warming!! we are all going to die," really did the scientists a HUGE, HUGE disservice. Although global warming IS happening, yes, I hate to tell you that the earth is warming, there are other issues that are more dire. I heard someone spouting, or read, some propaganda about how global warming occurs in cycles and it has been happening for the millions of years that the earth has been in existence. Uh, yeah. HOWEVER..... We, as humans, have sped it up, the earth is warming WAAAYYYYYY faster than it has in any other time period in earths history. but that isn't what I really wanted to talk about. With warming other problems are created. So, the idiots that screamed global warming SHOULD have screamed climate change. Things that are ACTUALLY going to happen, are things that are already happening. Record breaking snowfall, record breaking floods, record breaking droughts. That's what is going to happen. Places that don't have water are going to be getting less, places that get large amounts of rain, are going to be getting more. There will be less snow pack in the mountains, so areas that depend on the snowfall for the water that they get in the summer, will have huge problems. Events such as hurricanes, monsoons and tornadoes will become more severe with stronger winds and more destruction. So, when you hear someone touting global warming, think more along the lines of climate change. Cause that IS happening, and it WILLLLL be a problem, probably sooner than we realize.

0 comments: