? ??????????????Green Fumes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (215 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 61258 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pop Your Bubble? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??12 Grabs Today. 2961 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Jordan BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Eat where you live, live where you eat

A friend posted this on facebook today. Depressing. Western civilization sucks. Our greed and over indulgence is destroying the lives of others, not to mention the earth itself. After this information, I think I'll pass on the quinoa from now on. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/16/vegans-stomach-unpalatable-truth-quinoa 

This other link is about rice in Haiti. I don't know what to do about this, since we eat a lot of rice. 

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/01/11/Riceland%20 

My thoughts on foods is to end subsidies. I think we should end subsidies on most things, but I'm sure I have no idea the extent of their existence. No one pays the real price for anything anymore. I think if subsidies were gone the prices of everything would sky rocket and we would end up in another great depression. For solutions to this issue, I have no answers. Community gardens & pot gardens & backyard agriculture are a good thing. People need to get involved. Which is just one more reason I love my little plot of dirt in my backyard. While small, I feel like my little garden is contributing to the decrease in all the crap created by super-farms. Ever little bit helps!

0 comments: